Job Req ID: 154168
Position Number: 00020599
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Department Name: Accounting - CCS Inpatient
Location: Continuing Care Services
Location Details: Airport Center
Oversees the monthly financial closing process for specific departments and divisions in accordance with GAAP. Prepares variance analyses and reports for internal reporting purposes. Interacts with operational leaders to develop a mutually effective relationship regarding operational and financial objectives. Prepares and monitors annual budget versus actual results. The Accountant II performs duties of moderate to high complexity, judgment and scope. Those duties include analyzing accounts and reports, preparing journal entries, troubleshooting problem areas and making recommendations for improving and implementing procedures. In addition, must sometimes provide limited amounts of direction and guidance on specific projects and tasks performed by Accounting I, Accounting Assistant and Staff Accountant. The Accountant II should be able to work independently with a minimal amount of supervision from the department Manager.
- Explains accounting information to non-accountants in an effective manner and interacts with research team members.
- Works accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with many assignments subject to critical deadlines that must be achieved.
- Works independently or with teammates with minimal supervision. Possesses the ability to seek out ways to improve processes and measure inefficiencies.
- Creates and maintains reconciliation spreadsheets of general ledger activities.
- Prepares assigned recurring and non-recurring journal entries for the month-end closing process
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations.
- Works with operational leaders to explain financial results, answer questions about variances, identify departmental issues, develop operational expertise that will enhance financial understanding of operations.
- Performs reviews, analyses, research and other related duties independently, or as requested by
the department Manager
- Prepares Financial statements and budgets, including supporting documentation
- Evaluates accounting systems and procedures and suggest ways to improve output and
Prolonged periods of sitting and utilizing computer required. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Must be detail-oriented and highly-analytical and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Must be able to travel to System facilities and affiliate sites. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required. 1 year of related work experience preferred.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 58986362 charlotte