Job Req ID: 153958
Position Number: 00075881
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: M-F 8a-5p
Department Name: Cntl Chg Cpt Surgery & Educ
Location: Centralized Charge Entry
Location Details:Job Summary
Performs assignment of ICD and CPT codes in cases of low to intermediate complexity.
- Performs ICD and CPT coding of provider (professional) services and verifies that all requisite charge information is entered.
- Appends limited modifiers, e.g., -24, -25, -59.
- Codes minor surgical procedures.
- Assigns Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes.
- Performs reconciliation process to ensure all charges are captured.
- Processes automated or manually enters charges into applicable billing system.
- Researches, answers, and processes all edits associated with claim and coding submission.
- Processes charges on a timely basis and communicates with team members to be sure department guidelines regarding timeliness are met.
- Communicates with providers related to coding issues that are of low to intermediate complexity.
- Assigns E/M codes from provider documentation.
Works in a fast-paced office/hospital environment. Work consistently requires sitting and some walking, standing, stretching, and bending.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. CPC, CPC-A or equivalent coding credential required. Some coding experience required. Maintains coding certification (CPC, CPC-A, CCS, RHIT, RHIA). Annually reviews new and revised CPT and ICD codes. Understanding of and familiarity with regulatory guidelines including NCDs and LCDs. Working knowledge of coding, medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 58528347 charlotte