2018 Summer Intern Program
Role: Finance and Management Reporting Intern
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. Were on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what theyve earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Finance & Management Reporting internship is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-moving finance, accounting, and reporting team in a dynamic, start-up environment. The Finance & Management Reporting Intern will work towards developing insurance related business knowledge by analyzing and interpreting trends in financial results. The intern will support the Management Reporting and SEC Reporting processes, including the preparation of quarterly financial information provided to senior management as well as the shareholder and analyst community, while helping to document comprehensive process controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of financial results.
This is a 10-week paid internship June 4 through August 10, 2018 in our Charlotte, NC office. The Brighthouse Financial Intern Program offers work experience with practical application and skill development as well as professional learning/development opportunities, networking events including senior leader interaction, community service events and competitive pay. If successful in the intern role, the position is designed to lead into the role of Financial Analyst. Consideration for full time, permanent opportunities may be available to qualified applicants as position availability allows upon graduation.
Some of the assignments you may be responsible for during the internship include:
- Assist in preparing management reports for GAAP and Statutory financials by downloading information from single or multiple sources; compile databases and formulate spreadsheets; interpret trends, analyze results and explain to both Business and Finance Management
- Assist in explaining Actual vs. Projection and overall Actual results on a Year-Over-Year, Quarter-Over-Quarter and Sequential Quarter basis for both GAAP and Statutory Reporting
- Assist in preparing reports at specific company and product levels utilized for corporate valuation models
- Assist in preparation of support for SEC and Statutory filings
- Assist with process documentation
- Assist in the new SAP ledger implementation
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
We are recruiting candidates who are pursuing a bachelors degree in accounting, finance or similar degree with a graduation date between December 31, 2018 August 31, 2020. Preferred qualifications include:
- A consistent track record of outstanding academic performance
- Internship or academic background in accounting/finance which includes experience with MS Excel including advanced functions such as Pivot Tables, V-Lookup and Index Match
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgement, professionalism and discretion
- Strong business analytical abilities, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Number of Openings:
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 58798067 charlotte