Job Req ID: 152586
Position Number: 00118022
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: M-F 8a-5p
Department Name: Cntl Chg Cpt Specialty
Location: Centralized Charge Entry
Location Details:Job Summary
Monitors and oversees the day to day operations within the department. Accountable for the charge capture and claim resolution portion of the revenue cycle. The Manager must have thorough knowledge of ICD, CPT, and HCPCS coding principles.
- Coaches and develops of supervisory team members.
- Works with leadership team to address provider needs and ensures communication is helpful, effective, and consistent.
- Ensures adherence to all departmental policies.
- Develops, implements, and monitors quality assurance reviews.
- Assesses, implements, and continuously monitors workflow and volumes to ensure workload is balanced among team members.
- Assesses and reacts to workflow changes related to departmental growth.
- Ensures effective communication with both internal and external customers.
- Develops, implements, and monitors a comprehensive training program to include career ladder development. Addresses departmental training needs based on team member performance and quality reviews.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews as needed. Provides education as a result of these reviews.
- Stays abreast and communicates coding changes (i.e. new codes, new technology, payor requirements).
- Monitors key performance indicators (KPIs) to include, but not limited to, denials, AR Trends, edit volumes, and charge lag.
- Participates in strategic planning and design in coding, regulatory, and system changes that impact coding, reimbursement, and compliance.
Works in a fast-paced office/hospital environment. Work consistently requires sitting and some walking, standing, stretching, and bending. Some travel may be required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors degree or 8 years related experience required. 1-3 years supervisory experience preferred. CPC or coding credential required. Demonstrates professional presence and effective presentation skills.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 58600312 charlotte