Job Req ID: 153982
Position Number: 00118072
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: M-F First Shift
Department Name: PFS - Medicaid
Location: CPN Billings/Collections
Location Details: Airport Center
Manages the billing, processing and collections of the department; oversees refund processing and month-end reconciliations to the General Ledger. Responsible for coordinating the activity of personnel in the assigned area.
- Assists with hiring, training, annual performance appraisals, and disciplinary action (if necessary) for all assigned employees.
- Reviews assignments and delegates tasks to appropriate personnel. Monitors performance to ensure accuracy and timeliness of completion.
- Coordinates as a liaison within department, third parties, consultants, and/or patients. Delegates necessary assignments to appropriate personnel. Prepares appropriate denials for refunds to third party payers.
- Manages refund processing to include approving refunds within approved amounts, reviewing letter requests for refunds, timely processing of review of refund and offsets to the HCFM/BHIS System.'
- Maintains records of Reconciliations to the Refund/Transfer Clearing as well as the quarterly refund Reports to the State in-house yearly and to storage for 7 years.
- Prepares the Refund and Transfer Clearing Reconciliations in a timely manner each month end. Ensures corrections are made appropriately. Assists with reports for the department.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and discretion relating to efficient operation of departmental functions.
Work in fast-paced office environment with numerous interruptions. Work requires good concentration, detail-oriented, and ability to make sound decision at rapid pace. This position requires long periods of sitting throughout the day. Must be physically able to move around the office daily and often, as well as move to other facility offices both on-site and off-site. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds. Must be able to reach and bend on a moderate level.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors Degree preferred. Patient Accounting experience required. Prior leadership experience is preferred.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 58528317 charlotte