This position will focus on Program Quality, implementation of our new differentiated services model using a NIRN approach, designing professional development offerings based on this new model and supporting the integration of a coaching model to support staff. This person will work to provide CIS with program consistency across sites and directors utilizing best practices, staff training, accountability measures, and policy implementation. This position works with minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and interactive skills.
• Supports Program Leadership Team to establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, individual style, quality, creativity and teamwork, selects, trains, and evaluates staff.
• Works to improve organizational effectiveness through proactive solutions.
• Works to build and maintain internal and external organizational relationships/ partnerships.
• Oversees and coordinates designated program services and maintains a strong understanding of CIS with the ability to navigate within the organization to effectively set, track, and obtain program goals.
• Ensures consistent programming across sites and Program Directors for current operations and changes associated with differentiated services roll out.
• Works with the Executive Team in defining program goals and objectives, works with Program Directors in establishing methods and means of accomplishing program objectives, implements policies and procedures consistently.
• Leads internal teams related to the new service model implementation and current program evaluation, coordinates with all departments to support organization goals and Vision 2020.
• Leads the Programming Leadership Team in long and short term planning and evaluation or program areas.
• Ensures all assigned staff participate in and are provided with various training and professional development opportunities to enhance business skills and knowledge and ensure program compliance.
• Assist and support staff’s efforts through coaching, encouragement, and identifying strengths and opportunities for improvement.
• Coaches Program Directors and Site Coordinator II’s in a consistent and equitable manner utilizing CIS policies and procedures consistently while maintaining and developing good employee relations.
• In conjunction with Programming Leadership and Research Teams, refine and implement system for documenting CIS activities/ program services delivered to all CIS students and their families.
• Builds and maintains linkage with CMS and other appropriate agencies under the direction of the Vice President of Program Operations (VPPO).
• Assists in supervising program expenditures through monitoring and approving expenditures for budget in assigned area(s) and special events.
• Directly supervises program leadership, as determined by the VPPO.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Services, Social Work, Public Relations, Communications or other related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
• Previous experience with staff coaching and professional development is strongly preferred.
• Five or more years of progressively responsible related experience in program management, preferably in the nonprofit/ human service sector as well as supervisory experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of non-profit sector/human service organization and program operations, knowledge of project management, including planning, scheduling, monitoring, and problem solving, knowledge of the methods and procedures of budget development and control, considerable knowledge of CMS policies and procedures relevant to the program areas.
• Adept at budgeting, financial and operational management.
• Strong Computer Skills to include working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and reporting/ analytical tools.
• Intimate knowledge of people management skills, particularly influence management and conflict resolution.
• Must possess excellent intuitive judgment with the ability to effectively diagnose situations or conditions before forming opinions.
• Ability to cross cultural boundaries to build and maintain strong working relationships for organizational success.
• Strong problem solving skill, excels in analyzing and adjusting work procedures for maximum efficiency.
• Ability to understand, track, drill-down and question activities and issues and make sound business decisions based upon that data.
• Strong influence-management, negotiation, leadership and assertiveness skills.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), advocacy, interpersonal and people management skills.
• Strong leadership skill with the ability to administer CIS programs: performance management, compensation and other policies and procedures.
• Adaptive mindset and change management experience.
Submit resume, cover letter and references
Employer: COMMUNITIES IN SCHOOLS OF CHARLOTTE-MECKLENBURG INC.
• Post ID: 47368873 charlotte