Currently seeking an experienced professional for a Technical Support Role. Please contact email@example.com or 704.332.5443
Position Summary: This is a developmental role within the organization responsible for global product allocations within certain segments, distribution sales management, sales and other commercial data collection, investigation and analysis, and owner of the businesses customer complaint resolution process. In addition the role will work closely with marketing team on competitive trade statistics and reporting. The successful candidate will be prepared, within 2- 3 years, to move into an outside sales position (requiring 30-50% travel) or relocate to Philadelphia for further opportunities in the marketing organization.
Position Specific Competencies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for annually, monthly and daily product allocation globally for a specified group of products including ASR, Carbonate, Hydroxide, and Chloride Converter. Requires knowledge of customer accounts, some direct contact with customers, supply and demand of products, S&OP process, and interaction with plant teams. Specific task included but not limited to regular meetings with commercial and supply chain teams, both regionally and globally, to determine customer mix, as well as availability.
Sales & Account Management
- Direct sales responsibilities for our major NAFTA distributor, $5M.
- First line contact with new customers through web , direct phone and or email. Coordinate future direction of sales through sales manager, distributor and or technology group.
- Maintain global solvent pricing formulas for butyllithium customers.
- Maintain list pricing.
- Develop with sales and marketing make to order alternatives for individual SO opportunities.
- Develop relationships and maintaining continuous contact with existing customers.
- Identify and seek solutions to the needs of small - to medium - sized customers, utilizing solution-based techniques to fully demonstrate the value of products and services. Includes creating a system for identification and follow up on new customer quotations and samples.
- Assist in complaint resolution for direct accounts and responsibility areas.
Commercial Data & Analysis
- Manage BI budget and forecast issues.
- Management, leadership and trainer of CRM for the division.
- Partnering with our sales and commercial managers to coordinate work and retention on contracts, NDA’s, SEA’s and other legal documentations and troubleshoot any problems, questions and concerns that may arise.
- Coordination of monthly sales report, forecast consolidation and end of the month forecast changes.
- Global Competitive Intelligence- Management of collect, translation, presentation and review of all global import export statistics of lithium. May include managing the contracts of the data providers and improving the data information received.
- Attend NAFTA trade shows as needed to assist in booth duties, customers interactions, promotional materials , etc..
- Hosting responsibilities for visiting customers, this particular responsibility will also cover the preparation and reviewing customer presentations and retention of presentations.
- The position will also assist in building of presentations, charts, graphs etc in a professional manner for use at customers, suppliers and internal meetings.
- Developing a deep knowledge of the market place, key lithium accounts and a general understanding of our business with a focus on how to improve the customer experience.
- Promoting a strong belief that all incidents are preventable and that no job is worth doing that would risk the health, safety, or welfare of the plant employees or community.
- Promoting THINK SAFE policies and practices through participations and through interactions with all employees.
- Coordinate monthly sales safety and sales global meetings for commercial team.
- Attend plant audits for certain customers
- Supporting the Division’s Responsible Care and Product Stewardship initiatives.
Internal: Sales/Marketing, Customer Service, Supply Chain, plant planners, Operations and R&D.
External: Direct and Internal sales activity, coordination with regional sales personnel, email and phone coordination with customers when needed and communication with outside sources to coordinate and obtain market information.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbal and written) and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Learn new tasks quickly.
- Attention to detail and excellent proofreading abilities.
- Ability to multi-task, works independently or in a team setting, and establishes priorities.
- Efficiently work under pressures, deadlines, and flexible to assist in completing various tasks.
- Excellent analytical skills, as candidate needs to analyze data and make it suitable for use by the commercial group.
- Must be able to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams; peers and internal and external customers.
- Should be outwardly focused and possess an excellent work ethic.
- Highly skilled in MS Office software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, CRM etc.
- Must be a strong team player while maintaining a customer oriented focus.
- Ability to learn technical aspects of the job including chemical product information, end use markets and applications.
- Desire to grow job experience into a potential position in sales account management, product management or other commercial base activity.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field (Chemistry, Biology, Physics etc or Engineering (any) is required. One to three years of experience working in sales, marketing, R&D or function supporting the commercial activities of a specialty chemicals or materials company or an adjacent space.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Moderate travel using all forms of transportation is required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position will be in an office environment with some exposure to the manufacturing environments.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.